I suspect my sewing room looks much like yours; overstuffed and a little messy. I’d much rather spend my time sewing than making my sewing room look like a magazine photo shoot.
My sewing room takes up half of our spare room turned office and sewing space.
- I currently feel like I have enough space to work and for most of my stuff.
- Natural light from a west-facing window for most of the day.
- Hubby and I can hang together while we work, my little guy loves to play with my button jars and rearrange my shelves.
- Most of the bad below can be fixed with a little organization work.
- The bins under the table take up space for my legs when sitting at the machine.
- Little guy often rearranges my shelves or just pulls and dumps on the floor. Argh.
- Iron and pressing board are one room over, in the laundry.
- One chair for office desk and sewing table. I pull chair from dining table if hubby and I need to work at the same time.
- Fabric stash that needs a new home, stuff I’m just not going to use.
- Someone to swap fabric with.
- A more ergonomic set up.