I don’t think I’ve sewn a blouse that was easier to make. After muslining the bodice I shortened things up to fit me and it was smooth sailing from there.
The Bonn pattern instructions are super easy to follow, making the construction no big deal.
The only trouble I had with the project was with my button-holer. I’ve used it loads of times, but for this I managed to botch it up over and over again. I think I ripped out the same button-hole on the cuff five times.
The Pattern The Bonn Shirt from Itch to Stitch made in a straight size 6. I shortened the bodice 1/4in at the upper adjustment line and 1/2in at the lower adjustment line. The sleeves are shortened by 1/4in. I did not need to grade out to a larger size for my hips like usual. Next time I may shorten it a little more in the bodice as it is still quite long.
The Fabric Teal stretch poplin from Simply By Ti** The stretch feels wonderful in the more fitted areas of the Bonn and I’d use this weight of woven for any cool weather season. I had to do a lot of seam ripping and handling of the fabric. With all the back and forth I had to do with this project, the fabric still looked wonderful, had hardly a fray at the edges, and withstood all my unstitching.
As always, thanks for reading today.
**As a Simply by Ti Ambassador I receive complementary fabric from the Simply By Ti shop to use for a project in exchange for sharing it with you.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through my links, I get a small commission to help pay for my sewing hobby.
Save For Later
Pin this image, so you can come back when you’re ready to start sewing your version.