My impetus for this blouse was the circle appliques. I had been familiar with using a soldering iron the burn the edges of cotton fabrics in some modern art quilts and wondered if I could use the same process to heat cut these circles to use them as brooches or barrettes. Instead I used a piece of navy silky fabric that I received in a handed down stash to create a blouse with the circles appliqued with some small seed beads.
Yeah! I made a dent in the fabric stash and got a cute blouse out of it.
Boo! The automatic button-holer on my machine has failed me for the last time. I’ll now make all my button holes manually.